Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring, Glorious Spring!

Today is one of the 10 best days of the year. The widget on the lower right corner of my screen says "Now Mostly Sunny, 61 F". Can it get better than this after a long, cold, hard winter? Maybe it can, tomorrow is supposed to be just as clear and bright and 70F. Time to shave my legs. (Is that considered over-sharing?)

A bunch of you have been giving me crap about not blogging often enough. Maybe I would blog more if you would leave some comments! It's hard to know if anyone is reading if you don't say anything. Maybe I should get one of those widgets that counts hits on the page. Yeah, that's the ticket. Hey, Tim! How do I do that?

I also, finally, uploaded all of the pictures that were on my camera. I'm not going to overload you all, dear readers, with all of them...but i think I'll start posting them in groups and catching you all up on what's going on.

So, back in February, we needed a getaway, and so we went to the famous Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, MA.




It's been a continuously operating inn since the 1700's and I've always wanted to stay there. The economy being what it is, and tourism being down, I got a great deal for the weekend. What's more, we got upgraded from a queen-sized room to a king-sized SUITE.

Of course, the first thing I did was take pictures of:

The living room:



The bedroom:


Note the king-sized bed swathed in high thread count 100% cotton!!

The bathroom:


Now, what I'm not showing you (because the pictures don't do it justice) is the 2 person, walk-in shower with 2 hand showers, 2 rainforest shower-heads, and about 100 side-jets. Let's just say that between the tub and the shower, we were both squeaky-clean.

And the view from our room:


Yes, heated outdoor pool and hot-tub OPEN in FEBRUARY

So, that was February....and now it's April.

I'm trying to get control of my life, which for lots of reasons I feel like I just been returned to (already in progress), and some of what I'm doing is trying to take a daily walk. Today I added the camera, so I can show you signs of Spring in the North Country.

Winter is our predominant season, lasting from November to March, and now in Mid-April, we're just getting crocuses:


and Forsythia:


And the magnolias are just starting to bud:


And that's when my batteries died....sigh.

Tomorrow there will be spinning content and maybe knitting (maybe even writing...who can tell?)



3 comments:

Tina M. said...

I love taking my camera out on walks, isn't it fun?

I'm really glad you guys did the Inn trip for yourselves. It's been a long, hard winter, and that's just the sort of thing to boost your spirits until spring (now).

Hattie said...

Looks like a fun get away! My 5th Anniversary is coming up so we're hoping to get away for a day or two...

I agree, today was one fabulous day, windows open, gorgeous sunshine. :)

Judith W. said...

Glad you are back..I check every day. The Red Lion Inn weekend sounded great, and I am glad to see the pictures. What fun to get a great room. Also like the flower pix...there are daffodils in the circle this week.